Attention Surgery Clerkship students, we now have AccessSurgery!!!
A few steps to get you going:
1. Access to this resource either in the Hospital or at Home will require EVERYONE to use their Howard.edu username and password, only. Notice that username is stated and not entire password. If you make this mistake, you will not gain access. If you Howard.edu email has been dormant, you will need a password reset, contact ETS at 202.806.2020--this is only available from 8:30a until 4:30p.
2. Be sure to sign up for your MyAccess Surgery Account (using your Howard.edu email ONLY)--this will allow you access on your smartphone. Click on the link or the icon above and on the blue toolbar click on MyAccessSurgery and sign up for an account.
3. Remember there are Copyright Laws associated with this resource and printing entire textbooks is a violation of Copyright Law and is not advised; sections and bits of information is permissable.
4. Your are able to download most textbook chapters to your computers, tablets or smartphones. If a textbook allows for downloads, when you click on a chapter at the top it will say, "Download to Handheld" -- this is to all the previously mentioned devices and as soon as you click that link the chapter will download your Downloads folder.
5. This site has a lot of multimedia for your viewing pleasure; Here is what it supports (if your system is not listed, upgrade): Chrome (versions 4 and higher), Microsoft Internet Explorer (versions 7 and higher)), Mozilla Firefox (versions 2 and higher), and Safari (versions 3 and higher), on the MS Windows (XP and Vista) and Apple Mac OS X operating systems.
Quick Journal Search
Search for a Journal Title below in the provided box to find out if we carry the full text. You must use the full journal title and not the abbreviation or you will get zero hits!!! and you will think we do not carry the journal. Any questions contact Triza Crittle @ email@example.com or text to 202.617.0536